How to Prevent Getting a Cold or the Flu
Cold and flu season begins in October and ends in May, with peak season being between December and March. During this time, it is important for all of us to take precautions to help protect ourselves and others from these illnesses. The CDC, and other experts, have put together a list of these precautions, which include:
- Avoid close contact (social distancing): If you can, avoid coming in to contact with people who are or may be sick, and keep your distance from others when you are sick.
- Stay home: If you can, stay home from work and/or school when you are sick. This includes postponing errands or other tasks, which will help prevent spreading your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose: Practice what we all learned in kindergarten – cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Flu viruses, including coronavirus, spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk.
- Wash your hands: Again, take a trip back to elementary school when we learned to wash our hands. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth: You can protect yourself from infecting yourself. Germs can be spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits: Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work, or school, especially when someone is ill.
These same experts also stress the importance of getting plenty of sleep, staying physically active, managing stress, keeping hydrated, and eating nutritious food. All these things help keep your immune system strong to help battle any illness you are exposed to. When your body does get run down due to lack of sleep, poor stress management or inconsistent hydration or intake of essential vitamins and mineral, Replenish IV Solutions can help.
Replenish Your Body and Boost Your Immune System with IV Therapy
At Replenish, we work with clients all year long to proactively improve health and wellness. During cold and flu season, we see more clients who are either battling illness or looking to boost their immune system. With a cold or flu lasting anywhere from four days to two weeks, you need all the help you can get to stay healthy.
If you are feeling sick, we have several IV and injection therapy options that can help your body quickly benefit from missing vitamins and minerals. Our most popular treatment, the Revitalize IV assists with cell repair and detoxification. It includes higher doses of Glutathione, as well as Vitamin B5 (Complex), Vitamin B12, Magnesium, and Calcium. We also offer the Mega Energy Boost IV which aids in the treatment of chronic fatigue from disease. It includes Lactated Ringer, Vitamin B5 (Complex), Vitamin B12, Vitamin C and Amino Blend. The Refresher (or Myers Cocktail) is designed to give your immune system a boost to help prevent seasonal illness.
Our treatments can be customized and designed to fit your specific needs. Listening to your body will help you determine what IV treatment is best for you. Your body has a much better chance to prevent illness and improve recovery with the proper hydration, vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. Our treatments can be customized and designed to fit your specific needs. The Replenish IV experts are here to help guide you with a treatment that is right for you. Book your appointment today!
Replenish IV Solutions Fall Specials – For Cold and Flu Season
If you feel a cold coming on, Replenish IV Solutions offers IV treatments in Tampa that help clients stay hydrated and boost their immune system. These IV therapies are packed with vitamins and minerals that help reduce the severity and duration of the illness.
Book now and use promo code OnsetCold20 to receive 25% off select IV vitamin add-ons like zinc, selenium, Toradol and mineral blend.
In addition to our IV treatments that help during cold and flu season, we also have several other Fall specials (through November 30, 2022) for all your health and beauty needs.
The Replenish IV Experience
The Replenish IV Solutions team is here to help you find the right treatment for your body and lifestyle. We provide a variety of therapies to enhance a healthy and youthful lifestyle at our South Tampa/Gandy and North Tampa/Carrollwood locations.
In addition to our two locations around Tampa Bay, we also offers a 24/7 Concierge Service that brings the Replenish IV Solutions experience to you in the comfort of your own home, office, or hotel.